USPS 2019 Postal Rate Changes
The following information lists USPS rate changes and pricing that take effect January 27, 2019.
Changes to First-Class Mail® Commercial Letters, Cards, and Flats:
- The Full Service IMB discount for First-Class Mail remains 0.3¢ per qualifying piece.
- The “Additional Ounce” rate for First-Class is decreasing by 6¢ from $0.21 to $0.15.
- The Nonmachinable Surcharge is also decreasing by 6¢ from $0.21 to $0.15.
- Mixed ADC discount for First Class Commercial Letters increases from 9.8% (4.6¢ per piece) to 14.4% (7.2¢ per piece)
- The spread between the First-Class AADC rate and the 5-Digit rate is reduced by 0.1¢ (from $0.030 to $0.029).
- Single piece First-Class Commercial Flats prices are decreasing 10.8%.
- Business Reply Mail, which currently pays the Metered Letter price, will now pay the Stamped price.
Changes to marketing mail
- The Full Service IMB discount for MM increases from 0.1¢ to 0.3¢ per qualifying piece.
- The spread between the Marketing Mail AADC rate and the 5 Digit rate is increased by 0.2¢ (from $0.023 to $0.025).
Source: Pitney Bowes and USPS