Web Press Jogger/Feeder – Modern Litho Kansas City
Modern Litho – Kansas City is hiring for a Web Press Jogger/Feeder. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position. The working hours for this position are on Day Shift, 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Occasional overtime may be requested.
Assists Press Operator with make ready, operating, and maintaining web offset printing press. This includes inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, using hand tools to achieve the pressure required for printing. Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools. Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools. Wash blankets and clean ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press. Assists Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Requires general knowledge of offset web presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to use a micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under the guidance of Press Operators.
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 75 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00+ per hour
TO APPLY FOR THE AVAILABLE POSITIONS, PLEASE SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Lauren Bauman, Director of Human Resources
Phone: (573) 644-7039