Bindery Operator (Jefferson City, MO)
The printing industry has been set afire with new technologies and platforms that not only increase the value of print; but also prove the industry is resilient and relevant! Modern Litho and its subsidiaries have grown into a nationally recognized, award-winning company that has a great deal to offer its employees. We are always looking for quality individuals to add to our team.
Bindery Operators are tasked with setting up and operating their machine while maintaining high quality and production speeds. Operators are relied on to assist utility helpers on their line as well as troubleshoot mechanical issues. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy problem solving, are dependable and self-motivated, this may be a great opportunity for you!
What the job duties entail:
- Set up and operate bindery equipment according to job specifications.
- Enter data into a designated computer program to record time and materials.
- Maintain operation of machines, including preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Produce quality products and keep the machine running to the full potential of the machine.
- Occasionally instruct and assist other employees as directed by a supervisor.
What the job requires to be successful:
- You must be quality minded and pay attention to detail.
- You must be able to read and understand a job ticket.
- Must have a good work and attendance record.
- Must take reasonable care of company property and equipment.
- Must be mechanically inclined and comfortable working with machinery.
What education and experience will be a good fit:
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Experience: 1-3 years, prior machine operating experience, preferred.
- Physical Demands: Appreciable physical effort or strain. Moderately heavy lifting (60 lbs), pulling, and pushing activity. May include reaching and stooping. Constant standing.
What is in it for you (Perks at Modern Litho):
- A competitive salary and company 401k plan with an employer match
- Health + Dental + Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Additional voluntary benefits – Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid time off (we all need time to recharge & relax)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Bonus (tell your friends about us!)
Schedule – We’re hiring for multiple shifts!
- Day Shift (8 hours, Monday – Friday, 7AM – 3:30PM)
- Night Shift (10 hours, Monday – Thursday, 9PM – 7AM) *includes a shift differential of $2.00 per hour.
Location: Modern Litho, 6009 Stertzer Rd, Jefferson City, MO 65101
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, RESUME, AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Jessy Johnsen, Recruiter, Human Resources